I love to travel, and I realized that I have not written many articles on here that were personal to me. So, without further ado, I would like to tell you about my favorite place in the universe…New York City, the Big Apple.
Nothing is more exciting than being in New York. The big buildings that block the sun, the traffic and horns, the vendors on the streets and the smell that is a mixture of fumes, asphalt, trash and culture…all these things get my motor running. It is the one place where I wake early and stay up late and never get tired.
Top 10 Reasons to Travel to The Big Apple
- BROADWAY! The best shows…music, drama and all around fun. If you stay in New York for a week, you can see a different show each night. And, let’s not forget off-Broadway and off off-Broadway.
- SHOPPING! The only place in America, where you can walk for miles and look in windows with beautiful merchandise, all over the city.
- CENTRAL PARK! The only city that is all concrete with a beautiful green space in the center, where you can find ponds, a zoo and a carousel to ride on.
- RESTAURANTS! Where there aren’t stores, there are restaurants and diners and delis. It is a collage of different types of food found on every street and corner, and you can always find a new spot to dine at that is undiscovered and delicious.
- MUSEUMS! MoMa, The Met, The Guggenheim, The Museum of Natural History and Jewish Museum just to name a few.
- THE TOP OF THE EMPIRE STATE BUILDING! Need I say more, just think “Sleepless in Seattle.”
- THE STATUE OF LIBERTY! Whether circling around it in a helicopter or viewing it from a ferry, it is truly a sight to see.
- THE PEOPLE! There is no better place to people watch than New York City. Sit on a bench and just gaze at the foot traffic, where you will see everything from suits to jeans.
- PRODUCE! Sounds weird, but I love to walk up and down the streets and smell the fresh produce spilling from the small grocery stores.
- CULTURE! The only city in the world, where you can go from a taping of SNL to an opera.